Hello Blog world...

Hello blog world, my name is Brit. And I like books. I am writing to you from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Books have always been a huge part of my life and I think reading is a big part of what makes Me me. When I was growing up I read a lot of  "The Bailey School Kids" books by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thorton Jones. They were always a lot of fun, full of imagination with titles like Witches Don't Do Backflips, Mermaids Don't Run Track, and Vampire's Don't Wear Polkadots. I also read the "Magic Tree House" books as well. I loved them because I could travel the world with my imagination and I learned all sorts of interesting facts while reading. The next book that really stands out in my mind was Holes by Louis Sachar. I was always a student who when forced to read something always found it difficult to get through a book. But with Holes I had no difficulty reading it at all. It was a book that I actually asked my parents to buy for me and read again outside of school.

And then, my whole reading world and actually life was changed when my Grandmother bought me they first two Harry Potter books, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. That is when I truly got into reading. I think that those books are responsible for my love and addiction to reading. They were my favourite. My mom would take me on the morning of the release of every book that came out from the time I had caught up to all the published books to wait out front of the store to buy my own copy of the books. I think my first book I waited out front of a store for was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I was so excited, as soon as I had it in my hands I started reading. Growing up in a small town it wasn't like I actually needed to wait out front in order to make sure I got my copy before they sold out but my Mom was an amazing one who did whatever she could to make me happy. When the last Harry Potter book was released I was very sad and really didn't know what I was going to do with myself as far as reading went. But, then I discovered Twilight by Stephenie Meyer the summer that Eclipse was published. Twilight was exactly what I needed. Say what you want about those books but they were great. I got them from my local library but there was a waiting list which was no good for me and the way I read books. I inhaled books. The first book of the series that came in was New Moon and being that I was just itching to dive into this series I read New Moon first. I know, I know that is a horrible thing to do because you do not learn the things you are supposed to learn about they plot and the characters when you are supposed to. And I was pretty confused about a lot of things. You would think that Twilight would have been super boring for me because I knew that James was not going to kill Bella and that Edward would get there in time to save her. Also, that Edward DID had the strength to stop Bella from turning into a vampire being that she was not a vampire in the next book. I was obsessed with those books, you could say that I was a Twi-hard. But then the movies came out and I witnessed some other fans and their obsession and it kind of scared me. Twilight opened up the world of Young Adult reading. When the Twilight books were all published I moved onto Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. The Mortal Instruments books were great in a way because when I started reading them I was really the only person I knew who had read them, so it had made them kind of special to me.

to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Juliette Chronicles (Shatter Me, Destroy Me, Unravel Me, Fracture Me, Ignite Me) Review

My favourite books

Review of "The Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen